Search This Blog

Aaron's Gardening Blog

My Papercraft Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's Been A Long Time...

Can't believe it's been more than 2 months since I last blogged. I'm sorry that I can't stay active consistently as my never-ending schoolwork and piano lessons take up a good deal of my valuable time. Not sure if anyone cares about my blog anymore, but I hope to reestablish my blog as an active gardening blog for gardening enthusiasts to enjoy and share experiences. especially regarding tropical and carnivorous flora. Nevertheless, I'll try my best to return to my active days of 2010 when I was still a happy-go-lucky, worry-free lad with great interest in all matters of flora, no matter locally or internationally. I hope I get to share and receive knowledge and experiences in horticulture with my fellow bloggers once more.

Anyway, while I neglected blogging again, I still took care of my garden. Can't afford to lose anymore valuable and exotic plants. Nowadays, I mainly focus on my backyard and roof garden where I get to enjoy the freedom of growing any plant I like, instead of following my dad's preferences for formality and foliage plants. Here are some photos of the roof garden, where I get to grow things, design and arrange as I please.





I've also gotten some orchids to brighten up the rather dull garden. Those currently in bloom included Dendrobiums, Vanda and Cattleya.




Plenty of other flowers are also growing well up here. Must be the humidity at night. Things do get pretty hot during the afternoon though.


The roses are thriving and budding vigorously. They have pricked me a lot while I was rearranging the roof garden though.


Madagascar periwinkles are healthier than ever, soaking up the sunlight and water on top of the shelves.


This was a pleasant surprise when it finally bloomed. It was a weed than randomly popped out of my hibiscus' pot, but I kept it because the leaves were attractive. Then it surprised me when it grew flowers far too beautiful for that of a common weed. Finally found out that it was Cleome species after searching online.

The carnivorous plants are also thriving nicely here, as they enjoy lots of sunlight and humidity.


My minibog is getting overrun by all those carnivorous plants growing out of control. But I just can't get myself to cut off those perfectly healthy leaves.




The Sarracenia plants are shockingly fast growers when given enough sunlight. They catch tons of ants and other insects daily, so that may explain the fast growth.


My utricularia (bladderwort) has finally flowered, with 2 developed flower spikes to boot! They are tiny, but cute and lovely.

Until next time! (that is, if nothing else distracts me again)

12 comments:

  1. Hello Aaron, i am glad to hear from you again. If i didn't know you are a young person, i wont know you are. Your plants are very good most especially the carnivorous plants. I will not forget you whenever i see these plants, as you grow them perfectly. If only i am near i will ask for some, hehe. I haven't tried growing any of those. And you know Aaron....you write very well for a young lad like you. I wish you luck and don't get blogging deter you from doing what you want do do outside. You should still be playing with your peers by now! Take your time! We will always be here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aaron,
    Nice to hear from you after some time.
    You mentioned about:
    not sure if anyone cares about your blog anymore.
    I'm pretty sure a lot of us garden bloggers do - especially it is sort of a symbiotic relationship where one gardeners learns and shares each other experiences when it comes to certain plants.

    Keep up the good work - being young and busy and being hectic at it can be stressful.
    So enjoy as much as you can and don't worry so much.
    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kalantikan

    Thanks! Carnivorous plants are easy if you choose the right species and know their requirements. Actually, I learn a lot of my vocabulary through the Internet and blogging, haha. Don't worry, I do spend time with my peers.

    @James Missier

    Thanks too! It's good to know that people still read my blog. I was worried that my inconsistency may deter others. Thanks again for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aaron, your 'private' garden is outstanding. I'll probably grow a 'formal' garden when I have satisfied with growing all the plants I wanted to grow ;-). I have so many plants now... my friend even ask if I am selling plants... Btw, you follow SD 2012. I like WLW, PEZ and of course the all girl group, SC. Yest, I was so worried for PEZ and WLW haha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aaron! Your roof garden is beautiful. The orchids are lovely. The carnivores are looking so healthy and vigorous. I am sure you have done well at school too. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Aaron. Keep up the good work. Life gets like that at times and it's okay:) Keep doing what you're doing. The carnivore plants are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Stephanie

    Thanks! The more the merrier haha! Not sure what you mean by SD 2012 though.

    @lotusleaf

    Thanks too!

    @Rohrerbot

    Thanks! Carnivores are such unique plants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to see you back blogging about your gardening interest, Aaron. It's the same for me, I have been too occupied to blog lately. However, I am making an effort to come back as I really enjoy reading about gardening and what's happening in other's gardens.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @J.C

    Thanks! Interacting and exchanging knowledge with other growers is what makes gardening fun for me. You get to know all kinds of people and the plants they grow, some so rare or obscure that you'll never even know they existed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh. Unfortunately, I'm not really interested in it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to have you back here and glad to know that you have your own gardening space. I really like your bog and am thinking of having one myself too.

    ReplyDelete