Search This Blog

Aaron's Gardening Blog

My Papercraft Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Comeback

Finally, I'm back to blogging again. I've been on vacation for a week, then busy entertaining my Singaporean aunt and a distant cousin. Anyway, my garden has been improving a lot since the last post. The various plants are thriving, including those previously fussy or fragile ones.

My poinsettia rebloomed while I was on vacation. It was a wonderful surprise since I heard that poinsettias are hard to rebloom.



The delicate bloom of my waterlily



Some ladybugs on the lilypad.




The hardy and everblooming Mandevilla




Heliconia rostrata on a blooming spree.



 This large red hibiscus is finally blooming after a bad case of mealybugs and aphids.




The self-seeding, hardy Angelonia providing my garden with an unlimited number of purple blooms.





The delicate flower of a resurrection lily.




The tiny bird-like flowers of this Pedilanthus is such a great source of nectar for the native birds that they have made my garden a regular feeding and nesting place.



























To all my blogger friends, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

7 comments:

  1. Amazing to note that your Angelonia is reseeding. I had never seen their seedpods.

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen Angelonia seeds too. Mine does not self seed, so I propagate by cuttings. How nice if they self-seed like yours and give rise to different coloured offsprings, just like my vincas. Thanks for Resurrection Lily picture because I just found the name of my UFO! Wishing you a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, you mean your poinsettia was last year's and it bloom again this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Autumn Belle! The new angelonias from seed are more vibrant and larger than the parent plant. Must be some unidentified pollinator helping my plants. Yes, my poinsettia from last year rebloomed without any special care other than some fertilising. It's a lovely surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the most precious poinsettia flower in this whole wide world! Incredible!! Good job in keeping the plant till today. Mine 'drown' long time ago hehe... Btw, one of the drosera seeds you sent me has finally germinated. Now we have to love the rain and cloudy skies haha... And here is wishing you and your family a good time together during the festivity and enjoy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww...thanks, Stephanie! Good to know the drosera germinated! Unfortunately mine died during my neglectful period hehe. Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete