Search This Blog

Aaron's Gardening Blog

My Papercraft Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Orchids Orchids Everywhere

Today, I went to a hotel with a two friends and a teacher to check on the hall reserved for our Prefects Annual Dinner on the 21st of October. (I'm in charge of the decorations and aesthetics and I will be performing on the keyboard too). My parents were busy, so the teacher who accompanied us offered me a ride back. She stopped by her sister's house for a while, and the garden was choke full of orchid plants, in pots, hanging or planted on trees.My teacher (herself an orchid enthusiast) told me that her sister was an avid orchid enthusiast and spends her free time collecting and tending orchids. Amazed and awed, I took some photos of the many gorgeous orchids in the garden. Here are some of them:








12 comments:

  1. They are beautiful. I am sure you have made the owner very happy with all your photos.

    Cosmos has a short life time but easily self seed. Let me know if you wish to have the seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, One! Yes, I would like some seeds to refill my garden back to its former glory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron, they are gorgeous! That visit must've made you so happy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yah, I'm happy I got to see so many orchids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aaron, those are some of the easiest orchids to have, Dendrobium. They are not as sensitive to be left untended just like most of the orchids in cultivation. With your busy schedule you can also grow those orchids, without much attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Dendrobiums are really easy. Too bad my local nurseries seldom stock more exotic dendrobiums, only the usual purple and pink ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Są piękne i szkoda, że u nas mogą rosnąć tylko w doniczkach w domu :-). Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a glamorous orchid fashion show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice collection of orchids, I love vandaceas

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete