Search This Blog

Aaron's Gardening Blog

My Papercraft Blog

Friday, November 26, 2010

Phuket Trip.


My family and I had an enjoyable holiday in Phuket from 22/11/2010 to 26/11/2010. We just went to our hotel room in Laguna Holiday Club on the first day, which was Monday.

My mom with some orchids in the lobby.




















My little brother in our hotel room.














































The hotel was large, with lots of plants!
















The next day, we went to a famous temple there for prayer and some photos!































It was scorching hot!!
















We decided to cool down in a shopping mall.
















We then visited the Big Buddha on top of the hills, but I didn't really take any photos.

Here is the scenery from the hill.














































We went to the beach too. But just for some snapshots.














































We went to Phi Phi Island on a cruise the next day. I didn't brought my camera so I don't have any photos. But it was fun trip, we got to feed the beautiful tropical fish with bread haha. There was an underwater aquarium under the cruiser. Fish from the open sea can swim through small openings beneath the ship and we got to feed them! They were so adorable.

After that, we had an enjoyable seafood and tom yum dinner. And spaghetti too!

We went back to the hotel feeling exhausted and sleepy.

Phuket's nightlife was so amazing! There were so many Caucasians in Phuket that you just can't see to spot any other race. Guess they love the beach and hot weather though I prefer throwing snowballs and building snowman (which I haven't got to experience yet). The local Thai shops sold many souvenirs and clothes. And almost all the restaurants served seafood. Yum....squid.

On the next day, we went to the beach for a quick swim, but then it got too hot and we jumped into the swimming pool nearby!

After a long day, we went to a restaurant with a magnificent view of the sea. There were many plants there since the owner is an avid gardener. Most of the plant were even labeled with Scientific names so the owner's not just a typical hobbyist.

We went there just in time to watch the sunset.





























































On the final day, we went to a famous snack shop. My parent bought so many snacks! Then we went to the airport and after a long journey, reached home. Unfortunately the scorching heat at the carpark must have caused our car's windscreen to expand and it cracked slightly.But we went home satisfied! Back to posting and commenting again!!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful place, Aaron! So lush and tropical. Love those sunset shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scenery from a hill was most memorable for me also! But that was years ago. I didn't remember we stopped to take pic. I recall the ocean colours of blue and green were so mesmerising.

    Nice family shots especially the first one... your mom so pretty :-D And glad to hear you all enjoyed the trip. Thanks for sharing photos of Phuket Aaron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Floridagirl

    Thanks!! The sunset was so beautiful.

    @Stephanie

    Those tranquil scenes sure relaxes the mind. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots....sounds and looks like a fantastic place to visit! Is your Mom a huge fanatic of orchids?:) I have several friends that can't get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!! My mom loves orchids, but not really obsessed with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaron, it's good to know you have some fun with the family too. After those contests and school works, you deserve a nice break. Even without a camera you still was able to post, good job. The scenes in your photos esp the skies look like you are in my country, where we have lots of those sky drama.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! A vacation is really what I needed all along. Relax and not worry hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phuket is really a beautiful place, yeah? The sunset pictures are spectacular. It is great to travel together as a family. Did you visit the James Bond Island?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! No, I didn't visit James Bond Island. I went to Phi Phi Island though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Aaron, Great shots on the sky. One more month of holiday time. Finally, settling down or more activities?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are lovely scenic pictures Aaron. I just hope someday that you might be able to build snowmen and throw snowballs somewhere in the world. My garden is under 18 inches of snow. No one is throwing snowballs here or building snowmen as it's just too cold and the snow is so deep it's hard to walk about in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. aloha aaron,

    it looks like a fun trip, phuket is a fun environment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @One

    Thanks! Yah, I'm settling down.

    @leavesnbloom

    Thanks. I've never experienced real snow, but we have heat all year round and that gets boring hahaha.

    @noel

    Thanks too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are planning to visit Phuket in mid-Oct.
    Thank you for posting.
    I've been looking at some of the posts on this website to get an idea about travel in Phuket for my next vacation.
    I think I'll stay here Surin Beach Hotel This hotel is very nice clean and the people are friendly. VERY nice hotel with helpful staff.
    And I really love white sand, crystal clear waters at Surin Beach too.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete