Search This Blog

Aaron's Gardening Blog

My Papercraft Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Other Carnivorous Plants

Again, nothing to do with Papercraft so skip this if you are here for them.

My sarracenia:

S. leucophylla hybrid

























NOID(Unknown hybrid)





















My pinguicula x Tina


















My Venus Flytraps:

D. muscipula 'Green'



















D. muscipula 'Typical' (It's supposed to have a red colouring in the 'mouth' but lack of sunlight caused it to turn green)

7 comments:

  1. Hello Aaron, beautiful plants! I have one sarracenia. I place a plate below the pot so that the sphagnum moss is always wet. Do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephanie. I do not use a plate/tray/container(my father is kind of a neat freak, he says if you want trays, all your plants must be put on trays). Therefore, I water frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I see. How many times do you water in a day? The place where you place them, does it receive direct sunlight? And it is a cool or hot place?

    For my sarra, since it receives indirect sunlight in late afternoon (under the porch), I place a tray below the pot. I have to water twice a day during sunny days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only water my plants once a day. It receives direct sunlight for a few hours( maybe 3-4) then it becomes a little shady. It can be very hot in the afternoon sometimes but usually the temperature is around 32 C. The humidity is about 70-80%.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaron...c'mon tell your dad to give them more sunlight!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your banner is brilliant! I love it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Aaron, good that you found the culprit, snail in your moth orchid. So, I hope that the plant is not totally destroyed and will spring back to a heathy state soon. Have a pleasant evening!

    ReplyDelete